Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) Funded Training now available
Best Option Training is proud to have been selected as one of a core group of RTO’s that will be delivering Construction Skills Queensland-funded training in CSQ’s new training year October 1, 2022 (2022/2023 contract term). Best Option Training is contracted to deliver the SAGT program. Eligibility outlined on this page is relevant to the SAGT program.
We look forward to supporting individuals and businesses unlock new opportunities in the building and construction industry through training.
CPC30220 – Certificate III in Carpentry
CPC30320 – Certificate III in Concreting
CPC30620 – Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
CPC31020 – Certificate III in Solid Plastering
CPC31220 – Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
CPC31320 – Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
CPC31420 – Certificate III in Construction Waterproofing
CPC32620 – Certificate III in Roof Plumbing
CPC33020 – Certificate III in Bricklaying and Blocklaying
MSF30418 – Certificate III in Glass and Glazing
MSF31113 – Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Central, Darling Downs – Toowoomba, Far North, Gold Coast, Greater Brisbane, North West, Northern, South West, Sunshine Coast, Wide Bay.
- Construction Skills Queensland is an independent, not-for-profit, industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
- CSQ provides funding to reduce the financial obstacle to training, making upskilling an affordable option for many more individuals in the construction industry.
- CSQ-funded training is delivered by a range of selected registered training organisations (RTOs) across Queensland.
- CSQ contributes towards the cost of courses to reduce the cost to participants. CSQ funding is paid directly to the contracted RTO, generally between 75% and 90% of course costs. Best Option Training has decided on a $450 non-refundable admin fee.
- It is important to note that only eligible participants may receive CSQ funding for eligible courses.
- The program consists of Skills Assessment and 2-10 Units of Competency of Training.
- Skills Assessment must be conducted prior to the delivery of Training.
- Participants that cannot demonstrate through a recognition process experience in seventy percent (70%) or more of the competencies are not eligible for the program
- Participants may use credit transfers towards the 70% to achieve a Qualification in the Program, however direct credit transfers cannot exceed more than fifty percent (50%) of the requirement; and
- Skills Assessment and Training must lead to awarding the full Qualification.
Eligible participant means:
1. a participant who has the right to work in Australia and is an eligible worker or unemployed eligible worker in Queensland.
2. be able to demonstrate RPL experience in 70% or more competencies required to complete the full qualification.
AND MUST NOT
3. be an apprentice or trainee
4. through direct credit, achieve more than 50% of the minimum number of units required to complete the qualification
5. be an employee of an Authority (Employees of Local Council are acceptable where they are an eligible worker)
6. be currently enrolled and participating in a Queensland secondary school program
7. be a contracted trainer or assessor or existing worker of an RTO
8. be funded by an Authority or such other source for delivery of the same Training being undertaken as part of this program
9. be those Participants seeking a Verification of Competency (or Determination of Competency) services under this agreement.
Key Performance Indicators
The supplier must meet the following Key Performance Indicators:
KPI 1 – Funding Claimed
No less than 90% of the Maximum Funding Amount is claimed.
Method of Measuring Performance
Evaluation of AVETMISS data provided by the supplier to Construction Skills Queensland in accordance with clause 6 (AVETMISS Reports).
KPI 2 – Completion Rate
No less than 75% of enrolled participants complete a Qualification.
Method of Measuring Performance:
Evaluation of Reports and AVETMISS data provided by the Supplier to Construction Skills Queensland in accordance with clause 6 (AVETMISS Reports) and Item 7 or the Schedule.