What is this course about?
This informative three day course covers specific skills on how to prepare for waterproofing and how to apply waterproofing to external wet areas. This hands-on practical workshop will provide you with the skills you need to ensure your waterproofing is done right the first time.
Did you know?
Waterproofing continues to be the number one defect facing builders in NSW. Up to 50% of recorded building defects are wet area related.
With the average cost of repairs reportedly being between 6 to 10 times the original cost of the work, can you afford to take the risk of having to fix
preventable waterproofing defects?
In a national building industry survey, waterproofing topped the list of the ‘10 most common defects’ in every state and territory.
Who should do it?
Anyone looking to better their understanding of the external waterproofing process and its application, as well as those looking to branch out into the internal waterproofing field. Builders, renovators, waterproofing applicators, site supervisors, project managers, landscapers, tilers, and plumbers
How will undertaking this course benefit you?
With a large percentage of housing insurance claims across NSW being directly related to waterproofing issues the demand for remedial work is huge, and the expectation of correct waterproofing in new projects is more important than ever. This is a great skill set to take into the job site regardless of your trade.
What you will learn?
- Current industry best practice standards
- Australian Standards and National Construction Code requirements
- Hands-on practical application of preparing and applying waterproofing membranes for planter boxes, balconies and decks
- How to identify and prevent common reasons for waterproofing failures
- Troubleshooting techniques and best practices applications to prevent defects
- Waterproofing products, their characteristics and compatibilities
Are there any entry requirements?
All participants must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). To obtain yours, go to www.usi.gov.au and follow the prompts to create your USI.
How is it delivered?
Blended Delivery. A mix of both online and face to face learning.
Where is it?
At an BOT office or venue chosen by BOT.
What do I get from it?
Upon successful completion participants receive a Statement of Attainment for External Waterproofing..
What do I need to bring?
- 100 points of identification
- A pen
- Closed footwear
- High visibility shirt or vest
- Students are required to have access to the internet and a computer with a webcam.
|Unit Code:||Unit Name:
|CPCCOHS2001A|| Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
|CPCCWP2002A||Use waterproofing tools and equipment
|CPCCWP2003A||Prepare for construction waterproofing process
Can I get CPD points for this class?
Yes, 14 CPD points are attached to the successful completion of this course.